Wayne Lacom was an American watercolorist and graphic designer. He was prominent among the post WWII artists in the California Style Watercolor Movement. He became the President of The National Watercolor Society. One of his favorite subjects were scenes of the California coastline.
EDUCATION & SOCIETIES
1942-1943 Art Center School, Los Angeles
1943 Chouinard Art Institute
1946-1947 Jepson Art Institute, Los Angeles
1942-1943 Glendale City College
1950-1951 University of California, Los Angeles
National Watercolor Society, member since 1948, President 1965-1966
Artists for Educational Action
Teacher at High School of Art, California State University, East Los Angeles, 1980's
COLLECTIONS (SELECTED LIST)
Glendale Federal Savings and Loan
Brand Library, Glendale, CA
Security Pacific Bank
Bank of America
Numerous College and Library Collections
Mr. Gene Autry
Mr. Wes Parker
Mr. and Mrs. Leland Stowe
1. Brommer, Gerald. Transparent Watercolor. Worcester, MA: Davis Publications, 1973.
2. Brommer, Gerald. Exploring Painting. Worcester, MA: Davis Publications, 1973.
3. Falk, Peter Hastings, Ed. Who Was Who in American Art: 1564-1975. Madison, CT: 1999.
4. Grumbacher, M. et al. Palette Talk. New York: 1960s.
5. McClelland, Gordon and Last, Jay T. The California Style: California Watercolor Artists, 1925-1955. Beverly Hills, CA: Hillcrest, 1985.
6. McClelland, Gordon and Last, Jay T. California Watercolors - 1850-1970. Santa Ana, CA: Hillcrest, 2003.
7. Perine, Robert. The California Romantics, Harbingers of Watercolorism. Encinitas, CA: Artra, 1986.
8. The Creative Hand. Video, Los Angeles Unified School District, c. 1960s.
9. Who's Who in the West. Chicago: Reed Reference Publishing, 1996.
Solo Exhibitions (selected list):
1965, 1970s, 1992, 1994, 1997, 2003 The Village Gallery, Lahaina, HI -
1996 Village Square Galleries, Montrose, CA
1980s Brand Library Gallery, Glendale, CA
1985 White's Gallery, Montrose, CA
1978 Palos Verdes Art Association Gallery, Palos Verdes, CA
1975 Santa Monica Library Gallery, Santa Monica, CA
1945 Emerson Gallery, Tarzana, CA
Grand Central Galleries, New York, NYFrancis Webb Galleris, Los Angeles, CA Bullocks Pasadena Gallery, Pasadena, CA
Group Exhibitions (select list)
2005 National Watercolor Society Member's Show
31st Annual Catalina Festival of Art, First Place Mixed Media International Bakersfield Museum of Art
1990s Weisman Museum of Art, Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
1950s Los Angeles County Fair
National Watercolor Society Denver Art Museum Oakland Art Museum
1940s Los Angeles County Museum of Art
1940s Palacio de Bellas Artes, Mexico, D.F.
1940s The California Style Artists at Home & Abroad, 1930-1986 Cuernavaca Museum, Mexico